Community and School Education
A Key component of the BBLAP's objectives is to assist in educating and informing the community about the importance of the environment and sustainable use of our natural resources.
The BBLAP Committee provides this in a number of different ways, including:
- Supporting local schools to incorporate environmental activities in their curriculum, including the provision of technical and financial support where appropriate.
Activities include: tree planting and seed propagation, providing information to students on different projects, giving talks, tours relating to the environment.
- Publishing a quarterly newsletter in the Riverland Weekly, provding an update on NRM happenings within the region.
- Running local tours highlighting projects and other areas of environmental interest.
- Giving presentations to local service and community grants
- Providing training to community members, in areas such as weed mapping and control, wetland monitoring, seed collection and propagation.
If you would like to know more about any of these initiatives, or to see how we may be able to assist you, please contact Paul Stribley on 8582 2183.